Are you the type of person who aims to have a positive impact on everyone you meet?
Are you passionate about enabling people living with mental illness and disabilities the chance to create an independent and positive future?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our growing team of enthusiastic Mental Health and Disability Support Workers that provide the best quality support to our clients living in SILs (Supported Independent Living).
Benefits for you
Here at Open Minds, we believe in creating a supportive and positive workplace culture that is dedicated to the professional development of our team.
We also offer so much more that includes the following:
- Flexible working roster.
- A permanent position with progressive wages dependent on experience and qualifications
- Opportunity to salary package up to $15,900 of tax-free income
- Access to our free counselling service
How you will make a difference
- By helping clients reach their goals set out in their personal support plans
- Implement planned activities that promote client independence
- Celebrate client’s achievements
- Enable connection with community resources as desired by client
- Provide domestic assistance to clients, which includes light household cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation
- Schedule and assist with medical appointments
- Report client’s requirements and reinforce positive behaviour
- Ability to support clients on weekends and sleepover shifts.
What you need to get started:
- Up to date COVID vaccination
- NDIS Workers Screening Clearance and Blue Card
- Experience in providing personal care, manual handling, stoma care, and catheter care
Here at Open Minds, our purpose is to enable an independent and positive future for all people living with mental illness and acquired brain injury related disability. Originally founded in 1912 as the Queensland Wattle Day League, we have a deep and proud history in providing positive health and wellbeing services across Queensland and New South Wales. Today Open Minds is recognised as a leading provider of mental health and disability support services.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider with more than 500 employees across 35 locations. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals aligned to our values to help us deliver on our purpose.
What happens next?
Please ensure you attach a resume detailing why you would be a great addition to the Open Minds team! If you have any further questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Minds acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present, and emerging. We are committed to honouring Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and their unique cultural and spiritual relationship to land, water, and seas and their rich contribution to society.