Are you a passionate mental health Support Worker seeking permanent work?
Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of people living with a mental health or physical disability?
We have a new opportunity available to join our growing team of passionate mental health & disability Support Workers working across Townsville.
Here at Open Minds, our purpose is to enable an independent and positive future for all people living with mental illness and acquired brain injury related disability. Originally founded in 1912 as the Queensland Wattle Day League, we have a deep and proud history in providing positive health and wellbeing services across Queensland and New South Wales. Today Open Minds is recognised as a leading provider of mental health and disability support services.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider with more than 500 employees across 35 locations. We are seeking passionate and talented individuals aligned to our values to help us deliver on our purpose.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Help Participants reach goals of their personal support plan.
- Facilitate the access to community resources as desired by the Participant.
- Provide domestic assistance to Participants, which includes light household cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation.
- Implement and facilitate planned activities that promote Participant independence.
- Schedule and assist with medical appointments.
- Report participants achievements, requirements and reinforce positive behaviour.
- Actively participate in staff meetings and training.
Who you are
*Please note that it is a legal requirement to hold a current and valid NDIS Worker Screening Card and Blue Card to work in this sector. If you do not hold either we recommend you apply as you cannot commence employment until you have been cleared.
- Have had both doses or at least 1 dose of the coronavirus vaccination.
- Hold Tertiary qualifications relevant to the field is advantageous.
- Obtain a current QLD Blue Card and NDIS Clearance (previously known as Yellow Card).
- Hold a current driver's licence.
- Ability to work in diverse and challenging environments.
- Strong understanding of the difference between personal and professional relationship boundaries and can exercise emotional intelligence.
- Can communicate effectively with Participants, Care Leaders, and other business stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of the principles of privacy, confidentiality, and duty of care.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and what this means to our Participants.
- Have flexible availability.
- Able to complete sleepovers or awake shifts as needed.
- Available to cover sick shifts/holidays at times with short notice.
- Understand this position requires shift work.
Benefits For you
On top of joining a supportive and positive workplace culture, Open Minds will give the following back to you as an incentive for your excellent support provided to our Participants.
- Permanent Position
- Remunerated in accordance to your experience.
- Option to Salary Package up to $15,900 of tax-free income.
- Extra 17.5% Leave Loading on top of your annual leave pay.
- Access to our free counselling service.
- In-house training and professional development opportunities.
- Job security in our growing business.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.