Here at Open Minds, our purpose is to enable an independent and positive future for all people living with mental illness and acquired brain injury related disability.
We offer a range of tailored support services with the client at the centre of everything we do. Our services include Supported Independent Living, Community Access, Support Coordination, Complex Care, Psychology, Counselling and more.
We currently have a position available for an experienced Specialist Support Coordinator, based at our Woolloongabba location.
Is this you?
- Interested in providing participants with whose situations include specific high complex needs or high level risks to manage challenges in their support environment;
- Provide expert input to collaborate and coordinate with multidisciplinary teams, health, education, correctional services, appointed decision makers and financial administrators
- Address highly complex barriers impacting on implementation of NDIS plans
- Support participants with complex needs to understand and identify service options required.
- Negotiate appropriate support solutions with multiple stakeholders and seek to achieve well-coordinated plan implementation. providing a combination of Support Coordination and Case Management
- Assist stakeholders with resolving points of crisis for participants, to ensure a consistent delivery of service and access to relevant supports during crisis situations.
- Develop and monitoring implementation of complex service plans.
To join our team you must have;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Copy of Blue Card and Yellow card OR receipt if only just applied. If you do not hold a current Blue Card, or you hold a Volunteer Blue Card, you will need to apply for a Paid Blue Card online. You will need to register via the NDIS Worker Screening site - details below. Once you have registered for your online account, you will be logged in to the online applicant portal, you can then apply and send us confirmation that this has been completed.
- Current registration/ membership with professional body that meets NDIS requirements.
- Experience in the delivery of a Specialist role with clients with complex needs
- Knowledge of NDIS and Mental Health sector reforms within government impacting on the non-government sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant State and National legislation and standards, including those relating to Restrictive Practices, Guardianship and Administration Mental Health Orders and the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework.
- Knowledge and skills in evidence-based approaches for clients with high and complex support needs across a range of diagnoses and disabilities.
- Highly developed skills in assessment of risks and support needs for clients with complex support needs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team within an agile and changing environment, collaborating with stakeholders, peers and multidisciplinary teams.
- Highly developed communicator, problem solver with great relationship building skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal /verbal communication and negotiation skills- including effective conflict resolution.
If this sounds like the type of challenge and organisation you are looking for, then please apply and we will be in touch.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.