- Are you a Registered Psychologist seeking an opportunity in an established not-for-profit service to help your clients achieve enhanced living through effective mental health outcomes?
- Are you keen to work in a team of diverse clinicians with fortnightly peer supervision and in-house CPD?
- Are you looking to join an established modern practice where there is growth and stability?
Due to the expansion of our service offering across Brisbane's Northside, we are seeking suitably qualified and experienced Psychologists, Child Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists and Mental Health Accredited Social Workers to join our team.
Located in the Morayfield Health Hub, the team works as members of an integrated primary / community health team comprising over 50 FTE GPs and other allied health services including pharmacy, radiology, community nursing and rehab, dentistry and hearing loss.
Psychologists working at the Open Minds Mental Health Hub support clients across a wide range of age groups and issues on an individual or group basis. Psychologists with special interest areas as well as those early in their career seeking a supportive team to grow their skills and expertise are equally encouraged in this progressive and supportive environment.
As a Clinician working in the Open Minds Mental Health Hub you will:
- Provide contemporary, evidence based psychological support services to clients in individual or group settings and maintain up-to-date client records and comply with data collection standards;
- Assess and manage risk appropriately, being conscious of both client risk and organisational risk;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders involved in the provision of health, mental health and psychosocial services to clients;
- Participate in relevant training and development activities to maintain currency of knowledge and capability;
- Maintain client confidentiality and adhere to duty of care and relevant legislative requirements as required and/or appropriate;
- Comply with continuous clinical quality improvement activities to improve the service provision and outcomes for clients.
- Eligibility to provide counselling and interventions under the Better Access to Mental Health Care Medicare Benefits Schedule (i.e. be registered, or eligible for registration, with Medicare Australia and have a site specific Medicare Provider Number);
- Approved tertiary qualifications in Psychology and be registered as a General Psychologist with AHPRA;
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the assessment, diagnosis and provision of evidence-based treatments of mental health disorders;
- Experience working with mental health and well-being across a broad client base, leading to the provision of inclusive and high-quality therapeutic services, with a recovery and strengths based focus;
- Ability to work independently, with strong organisational and time management skills;
- For Accredited MH Social Worker applicants, a current Blue Card and Yellow Card, or the ability to obtain one under the Disability Worker Screening process.
With an established modern practice and growing case load, this is an ideal opportunity to make a real impact whilst enjoying the benefits of a stable working environment. We are a fully Private billing service.
Financially attractive opportunities as a salaried staff member with salary sacrifice options (circa $85,000 - $120,000), or sub-contractor arrangements are on offer.