This is a Permanent Part time medical administration position based at Open Minds Mental Health Hub, Level 1, 19/31 Dickson Road, Morayfield.
Monday to Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm shifts (an hour lunch), no weekends, Holiday, and sick relief availability,
The Medical Receptionist will provide high level professional and confidential reception and administrative support to all staff within our Mental Health Centre to facilitate friendly, welcoming, and effective care to our clients.
Requirements and Credentials
- Medical Administration Experience is a must.
- Confidentiality required to handle sensitive Mental Health information
- 7-8 clinicians – must have the ability to prioritise workload throughout the day, work unsupervised
- Strong telephone and customer service skills
- Demonstrated experience working in an administrative and/or reception role within a similar environment
- Knowledge of the Medicare system, especially in relation to mental health or other allied health services
- Client invoicing/receipting, Hicaps experience, NDIS, Work cover, Insurance invoicing and receipting experience
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines
- Experience in using Profile Medical Software
- Experience in the not for profit/non-government sector
- Experience in the youth and/or mental health sector
- A broad understanding of the mental health service system in Australia.
- A broad understanding of the challenges and experiences of young people in Australia, including specific community factors
- Current Driver Licence
- Current Working with Children Check (Blue Card) or ability to hold one
- Current NDIS Worker Screening (or Yellow Card) or ability to hold one
- Evidence of Covid-19 Vaccination
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.