With over 100 years of service, Open Minds has become a reputable and trusted service provider for mental health.
Our Tweed Heads team is looking for an enthusiastic person to join us working with people experiencing mental health and housing difficulties.
- Provide training in evidenced based change models: Motivational Interviewing and the Acceptance and Commitment model
- Work in a professional environment
- Regular supervision
- Regular peer reflective practice
- Supportive and fun team
Open Minds recognizes that "recovery" is all about personal change. As such we provide change specific training and supervision to develop an understanding about the processes involved, techniques, and communicating methods to work with people effectively.
- Develop effective, professional, and collaborative relationships with participants, family, colleagues, and staff from other agencies to assist program participants to make significant positive changes to their lives
- Do this by being curious to develop an understanding about what a person values and help them take actions that are consistent with their values.
- Maintain own emotional and physical wellbeing and work with colleagues and managers to provide a safe and enjoyable workplace.
- Maintain professional responsibilities such as mandatory reporting, legal requirements, contract KPI’s, documentation.
- An open and self – reflective attitude and commitment to ongoing practice development
- Cert IV (min) in Mental Health or related field
- Current Drivers License
- Police and Working with Children Check
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.