Open Minds is an expanding and innovative not-for-profit organisation providing community based psychosocial support services for people with a mental illness, disability and acquired brain injury. The Northern Region Community Re-Entry Service Team (CREST) provides information and advocacy, complex case management and parole support service intervention to individuals in custody and on parole in Community.
An opportunity has become available for a Female Case Worker to work on a full-time basis on a Nominated Term contract until 30 June 2022.
Enabling an independent and positive future for people living with mental health and disabilities
We work together and empower people to succeed
We act with humility and value curiosity
We are trustworthy and act with integrity
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Provide information, advice and support to individuals
- Develop, implement and review individual re-entry plans which are responsive to the individual's needs, achievement of goals, promoting success on parole
- Identify and assist in locating resources, services and supports that facilitate community integration including social, educational, vocational and leisure activities
- Liaise with government, training providers, health professionals and other services to achieve set outcomes
- Lead and participate in client case reviews
- provide service reports as required
Skills and experience
- Qualifications in community, social welfare, health or a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage and negotiate with clients and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage own case load, multi tasking
- Intermediate computer skills, record data and maintain records and documentation.
- Ability to manage your time effectively to ensure quality case management.
- Competitive salary + Salary packaging options
- Culturally safe working environment
- Monthly supervision and in-service training (when required)
- Professional development and career progression opportunities
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.