Open Minds is an expanding and innovative not-for-profit organisation providing community based re-entry support. The Northern Region Community Re-Entry Service Team (CREST) provides information & referral support, complex case management and parole support services to individuals in the Townsville Correctional Complex and post release in the Community.
There are 2 full-time Case Worker Positions on a Nominated Term contract until 30 June 2023 for candidates who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, one of which is in the Male Team and the other in the Female Teams.
Please note: To be a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent. Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement and is authorized under Section 14(d) of the Anti-Discrimination Act 19.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Provide information, referral and case work support
- Develop, implement and review individual re-entry plans which are responsive to the individual client needs, achievement of goals and to promote their success post release
- Identify and assist in locating resources and support services that facilitate community integration including accommodation, substance abuse, physical/mental health, work/education/training, social, cultural and spiritual support
- Establish stakeholder relationships that encourage co-case work support
- Data Management using QCS Database
- Monthly Key Performance Indicator Reports
Skills and experience
- Case Work/Management Experience
- Intermediate computer skills, data entry and management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage and collaborate with clients and service providers
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage own case load, multi-tasking and to work autonomously when required
- Ability to manage time effectively to ensure quality case management is provided and meeting the contract obligations
- Competitive salary + Salary packaging options
- Culturally safe working environment
- Monthly supervision and in-service training opportunities
- Professional development and career progression opportunities
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.