At Open Minds, our purpose is to enable an independent and positive future for people living with mental illness and disabilities. Through our more than 100 years of service to the Queensland and New South Wales community, we have become a leading provider of mental health and disability support services.
Open Minds is also a registered NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) provider, with more than 500 employees across 35 locations.
About the role:
The main purpose of this role is to contribute to the effective and efficient running of the Finance function within Open Minds, including maintenance of accurate accounts including General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Debtors (including collections), Banking, Purchasing and assisting Finance team members with queries and complicated matters. The role will also act as a key liaison point for Managers and peers throughout the organisation to Finance.
To be considered for appointment an applicant must be able to satisfy the following criteria, through a combination of knowledge, skills or experience.
In making formal application, candidates should submit a covering letter expressing interest and capability for the role and either implicitly or explicitly addresses both the primary and other responsibilities outlined earlier in this position description and criteria as below.
KSC1 Essential Experience:
- Demonstrate experience in reconciliation of financial accounts;
- Demonstrate ability to analyse balance sheet accounts;
- Demonstrate ability to reconcile BAS returns.
KSC2 Demonstrated Capacity and ability to:
- Demonstrated ability to understand, communicate and apply accounting principles and basic accounting standards;
- Working knowledge of GST;
- A desire to problem solve in a busy business environment which demands initiative;
- Demonstrated capacity to be a committed team player.
KSC3 Well developed and highly effective skills in:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Time management skills;
- Proven organisational ability and capacity to work under pressure;
- High degree of computer literacy, particularly spreadsheet functions, and the ability to learn various accounting software applications including report writing software.
Highly desirable criteria include:
- Suitable degree qualifications to qualify for CPA or CA membership or currently working towards such qualifications.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products including Power BI
- A current C class driver’s licence.
- A current positive Criminal History Screen Clearance and Working with Children checks
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting / business or a related field
- Commencement of, or eligibility to commence and a commitment to complete either the CA or CPA Programs
- Generous salary packaging options of up to $15,900 in living expenses, as well as up to $2,650 in meals and entertainment expenses
- Well-serviced by public transport options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contribute to our purpose and enable our customers the right of all people to live a life of choice and fulfilment.
If this sounds like the type of role you are looking for, then please apply and we will be in touch.