SUPPORT WORKER – PERMANENT
- Prior experience of working with complex needs/dual diagnosis/challenging behaviours
- Within a team, facilitate the delivery of quality services to achieve positive outcomes
- Provide support to develop skills and encourage independence & healthy relationships
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding restrictive practices / PBSP (preferred not essential)
- Willingness to provide personal care duties is essential
- Manual handling
- Current drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
- Qualifications in Human Services, Community Services or relevant field
- A current Blue card / Yellow Card or eligibility to apply for these
Open Minds is an NDIS provider and an independent not-for-profit organisation that works with people to enhance their mental health and wellbeing, and provides community based support services to men, women and youth with mental illness, intellectual disability or acquired brain injury. Our Purpose is enabling an independent and positive future for people living with mental illness and disabilities.
Being a Support Worker at Open Minds is more than a job, our team believe it is a ‘calling’ where you play a fundament role in helping the clients we support live an independent and positive life.
What can you expect?
- No 2 days are the same! As every client is unique and has their own personal story, so every support provided needs to be individualised to assist them to meet their goals.
- A rewarding role where you will be part of our client’s journey to help build skills and achieve the unachievable.
- You will be making a difference that immeasurable. Sometimes it’s the little things that you do that will make a significant difference to our client’s lives.
- You’ll love it!
We can offer:
- Hourly rate of $25.97
- Option to salary sacrifice up to $16,000
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Ongoing training and support
- Culturally safe working environment
- Growing NFP organisation
To request a copy of the PD email email@example.com
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.