Being a Support Worker at Open Minds is more than a job, our team believe it is a ‘calling’ where you play a fundament role in helping the clients we support live an independent and positive life.
What can you expect?
- No 2 days are the same! As every client is unique and has their own personal story, so every support provided needs to be individualised to assist them to meet their goals.
- A rewarding role where you will be part of our client’s journey to help build skills and achieve the unachievable.
- You will be making a difference that immeasurable. Sometimes it’s the little things that you do that will make a significant difference to our client’s lives.
- You’ll love it!
We proud ourselves on building a supportive team environment and are client centric committed to positive outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Willingness to provide personal care duties is essential
- Manual handling
- Experience working with behaviours of concern
- Facilitate activities to promote independence
- Complete accurate daily progress notes and other behaviour recording tools
- Operate in accordance with relevant legislation and standards
- Working as a collaborative member of a team
We would love to hear from you if you have had previous experience as a Support Worker in mental health and/or disability, however, of equal importance to us is your own personal code of conduct and how this aligns to our culture - so experience is not essential for the right minded person.
- OM provides support services Monday – Sunday, working across these day including some sleepover shifts is essential
- Confident problem solver and decision maker
- Strong numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Blue Card - or be willing to obtain one
- Yellow Card - police check or be willing to consent to check
- Drivers Licence and Car
- Tertiary qualifications desirable
- Permanent Part Time / Fortnightly Roster
- Ongoing training
- Professional development opportunities
- Competitive hourly rate + super + allowances
- Salary packaging options
- Culturally safe working environment
- Expanding, trusted NFP organisation
MUST HAVE FULL UNRESTRICTED AUSTRALIAN WORKING RIGHTS
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.