- A strong desire to work with people with mental health and disability to have choice and control
- Facilitate the delivery of quality services to achieve positive outcomes
- Provide supports to develop skills and encourage independence & healthy relationships
- Willingness to provide personal care duties is essential
- Ability to work across short shifts over multiple days
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Certificate 3 in Aged Care / Disability / Individual Support
- A current Blue card / Yellow card or eligibility to apply for these
- Valid Driver’s licence and registered vehicle (including comprehensive car insurance)
In addition, please indicate in your cover letter if you have prior experience of working with clients with mental health. We are particularly interested to hear from applicants who have worked with complex needs / dual diagnosis / behaviours of concern and have an understanding of restrictive practices / PBSPs.
Open Minds is an NDIS provider and an independent not-for-profit organisation that works with people to enhance their mental health and wellbeing, and provides community based support services to men, women and youth with mental illness, intellectual disability or acquired brain injury.
As a Support Worker for Open Minds, you will play a fundamental role in helping the clients we support to live an independent and positive life.
What can you expect?
- No 2 days are the same! Every client is unique and has their own personal journey, therefore supports provided need to be individualised to assist them to meet their goals.
- A rewarding career, where you will be part of our client’s journey to help build skills and achieve the unachievable.
- You will be making an immeasurable difference to the lives of the clients we support.
We can offer:
- Hourly rate of $25.97
- Option to salary sacrifice up to $16,000
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Ongoing training and support
- Culturally safe working environment
- Growing NFP organisation
To request a copy of the PD email email@example.com
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.