Based at our Woolloongabba office, this role will service clients from Coopers Plains through to Chermside and surrounding suburbs. Candidates who apply will need to ensure this is commutable.
We recruit passionate people who are genuinely interested in mental health and want to help individuals with mental health needs.
If you ask our Support Workers why they love their role, they will tell you it’s a privilege to be part of our client’s journey to help them grow. It’s about seeing the smiles on our client’s faces when they help them to engage back in the community. It’s more than providing ‘supports’, it’s about being involved in all aspects of our client’s lives and coaching them through challenging situations.
With over a 100 years of service, Open Minds has become a reputable and trusted service provider for mental health. We are constantly expanding our services and are looking for qualified and experienced Support Workers to work with our client’s with complex mental health needs.
We are particularly interested to hear from applicants who have worked with complex needs / dual diagnosis / behaviours of concern and have an understanding of restrictive practices / PBSPs.
- You absolutely must be able to drive and own a functional working vehicle that you are happy to transport our clients in. Candidates who do not meet this requirement will be instantly screened out.
- You must have prior experience of working with mental health or obtained a broad knowledge of mental health through your studies.
- Ability to support clients to meet their individual goals.
- Ability to develop skills and encourage independence & healthy relationships.
- Good understanding of how to provide supports in a recovery strengths practice.
- Your availability to work across short shifts over multiple days is essential as well as your ability to do sleepovers (1-2 per week).
- A current Blue card / Yellow card or eligibility to apply for these.
Our commitment to you:
- Culturally safe working environment
- Investment into your professional development
- Strong leaders, who are passionate and foster great teams and drive engagement
- Hourly rate of $27.33 - $29.82
- Option to salary sacrifice up to $15,900
- Leave loading of 17.5%
Step 1: Apply to this ad!
Step 2: Answer a few basic questions telling us what you are looking for
Step 3: Complete the short online assessment sent to your inbox
To enable us to process your application all 3 steps will need to be completed