Are you a strong leader passionate about leading and developing staff so as to assist them in supporting people in a manner that aids understanding, resilience and independence?
Open Minds is an expanding and innovative not-for-profit organisation providing community based psychosocial support services for people living with a mental illness, disability or acquired brain injury (ABI) for more than 100 years. Our aim is to support people so that they can more readily live their lives that are consistent with their personal values. We believe that how you are with someone is as important as what you do and that effective change is built on understanding and trust.
Open Minds is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic, person who aligns with our organisational values, has strong leadership and mental health sector experience to join our Northern NSW Mental Health support team.
The team leader role is a pivotal position and provides leadership to the Case and Support Workers. The person ensures that the values of Open Minds and recovery enhancement principles are used as the framework for direct service provision. The role requires active engagement with Team Leaders and Managers of other services to promote an effective community vision and ensure that service delivery is completed within budgetary, legislative, policy and procedural frameworks and internal and external KPI’s.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following
- strong interpersonal skills,
- solutions focused approach,
- excellent administration and leadership and management skills and be open and self-reflective.
- Demonstrated experience working as a Team Leader with people with complex support needs using a person centred recovery principles is essential.
- You will also have an understanding of the principles of the National Mental Health Standards and how they relate to providing effective and accountable services.
- Formal qualifications in community, social welfare, health or a related discipline coupled with knowledge of the recovery orientated service frameworks for mental health are highly sought after
Whilst Open Minds has been operating for over 100 years we are relatively new in providing service in Northern NSW. In the time we have been operating we have been commended for providing support in a very effective and professional manner. Our aim is to provide an effective, efficient and professional service and seek to become a gold standard in industry benchmarks. We are seeking people with the drive, creativity, and talent to help us achieve this.
To support your role stepped and structured training will be provided, Team Leader to Team Leader support, and one to one support and consultation with the NNSW clinical lead. Competitive salary including salary packaging is provided.