Our Purpose is “Enabling an independent and positive future” for people with mental health and disabilities.
Our values, which our employees need to demonstrate every day are:
- We work together to enable people to succeed
- We act with humility and value curiosity
- We are trustworthy and act with integrity.
The Position - PHaMs workers provide practical assistance to people with severe mental illness to help them achieve their personal goals, develop better relationships with family and friends, and manage their everyday tasks. Works under minimal supervision and involves assisting people with transition to NDIS as well as daily living skills and community inclusion and participation activities. Work is undertaken in the context of supporting the person to maintain their well being, explore opportunities and work towards agreed outcomes that are important to, and for, the person.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY - FULL TIME HOURS ON A FIXED TERM CONTRACT TO MARCH 2019 with a possible extension to JUNE 2019
- Previous experience providing support to people living with mental Illness
- Understanding of recovery orientated framework within a mental health service.
- Knowledge of NDIS
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Current drivers licence and own reliable vehicle
- Qualifications in Human Services, Community Services or relevant field
- Blue card
- Yellow card
- 38 hours per week
- hourly rate paid + Salary packaging options
- on-going training and support
- Work within a culturally safe environment
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.