Established in 1912, Open Minds is a leading independent not-for-profit organisation and registered NDIS provider. Open Minds works to enhance mental health and wellbeing through tailored supports to people living with mental illness, disability and employment.
Our Purpose is ‘enabling an independent and positive future’ for people living with mental illness and disabilities.
Our values, which our employees need to demonstrate every day are:
- We work together and empower people to succeed
- We act with humility and value curiosity
- We are trustworthy and act with integrity.
The Lifestyle Planner holds the key role of engaging potential clients, welcoming new, and supporting transitioning clients. This requires well developed skills in client engagement, assessment and service planning. This also includes understanding individual support requirements, NDIS goals, funding and linking the clients to the Open Minds service delivery team.
The position holds an essential role in establishing and building strong working relationships within the community so that clients have access to wide-ranging activities and enhanced opportunities to be an active member of the community; and reciprocally that the community is well informed of the supports and services that Open Minds offers.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Relevant experience working in Mental Health Sector and/or Human Services,
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement/development;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Demonstrated experience in intake and assessment of individuals with disability;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, collaboratively and apply business judgement;
Qualifications, certificates & requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualification and /or equivalent experience
- Current approved Blue Card
- Yellow card exemption
- Drivers Licence
- Long Established NFP ORG
- Ongoing training and support
- Culturally safe working environment
- Base + Salary Packaging options