Mental Health Support Worker – HASI – Tweed Heads
Our Tweed office is seeking Mental Health Support Workers for both full-time positions until June 2020 to provide psychosocial supports to our client group 16 year +.
Open Minds is a well-respected not-for-profit organisation that has been providing community based support services for people with Mental Health, Disability, or Acquired Brain Injury for over 100 years. Open Minds’ reputation is growing as an industry leader providing individually tailored supports to people living with mental illness utilising innovative support structures and frameworks.
The opportunity: The Housing and Support Initiative (HASI) program provides psychosocial supports to people with significant mental health conditions and housing needs. We are looking for experienced staff to join a dynamic team that will work collaboratively with individuals, families, and a range of stakeholders in local communities. Internal and external training, clinical consultation, and professional development opportunities will be available to build on your current understanding and practice.
- Form professional relationships with participants, in a way that respects their views, autonomy, and culture
- Develop an understanding of the person’s values, goals, and assist person in the development of individual support plans
- Engage people in activities to meet their needs, promoting understanding, independence, and resilience
- Facilitate and encourage access to community resources including social, health, and housing services and supports
- Complete documentation and reporting requirements in an effective and timely manner
- Engage with colleagues, Team Leader and partner organisations to ensure effective service delivery.
If you have experience of the above, please identify in your application how you have been able to assist clients to live at home and in the community; access social activities, provide self-help and peer support; and provide information, advocacy and health promotion.
- Experience working in a professional support capacity for people with mental health conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a person centred recovery framework using evidenced based practice
- Cert IV level education or above in related fields
- An open attitude and a commitment for ongoing practice improvement
- Comfortable interacting with clients and families and partner organisations
- Australian working rights
- Valid driving licence
- Police record check and a positive Working with Children’s Check (or eligibility to apply for these)
We can offer:
- Hourly rate of $28.90
- Option to salary sacrifice up to $16,000
- Leave loading of 17.5%
- Be part of friendly and supportive team environment
- Work within a professional environment with a trusted and respected industry leader
- Structured and stepped training to further develop your mental health understanding and skills
- Advancement opportunities
- In house clinical consultation