Complex Support Specialist (Positive Behaviour Support)- Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Psychologist, Appropriately Qualified and Experienced Person (AQEP).
- We’re seeking allied health professionals who have the necessary training and experience in positive behaviour support to deliver funded services to support adult clients who have complex needs.
- The role provides direct specialist assessment and intervention services including Functional Behaviour Assessment, Writing Positive Behaviour Support Plans and discipline-specific assessments and intervations.
- The role delivers funded specialist services for ‘capacity building’ under NDIS plans to internal and external clients;
- Supporting Open Minds service delivery teams to understand and identify options to resolve complex service delivery issues, including, advice, training and participation in reviews;
- Specialist Support Coordination for funded clients with complex needs.
Open Minds is an independent not-for-profit organisation that works with people to enhance their mental health and wellbeing, and provides community based support services to men, women and youth with mental illness, intellectual disability or acquired brain injury.
Our Purpose is enabling an independent and positive future for people living with mental illness and disabilities. Open Minds is a values driven organisation, operating across Queensland and Northern NSW.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, registrations/memberships (e.g. Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, psychologist or an applicant who is an AQEP – (appropriately, qualified experience person).
- Qualified and experienced in functional behavioural assessment and PBSP writing for adults with complex support needs. Applicants must meet requirements of the NDIS Guide to Suitability for delivery of ‘Improving Relationships’ services in Queensland;
- Experience in delivery of positive behavior support services with clients subject to restrictive practices is desirable;
- Knowledge of NDIS and Mental Health sector reforms within government impacting on the non-government sector is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team within an agile and changing environment, collaborating with peers and teams to achieve results;
- Highly developed communicator, problem solver with great relationship building skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal /verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Base salary plus super
- Options for flexible hours and part time work can be negotiated
- Salary packaging options
- Clinical supervision and professional development opportunities
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.