headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing and economic participation of young people aged 12 to 25 years.
We are searching for a Clinical Lead for our new centre, headspace Strathpine opening later this year. The Clinical Lead is a key leadership position within our centre, providing oversight to the coordination and delivery of high-quality, evidence-based clinical services to young people and their families.
The Clinical Lead provides consultation, expertise, and guidance to headspace clinicians, and is responsible for line management of the Intake & Assessment team and other clinical staff. Coordination and integration of services from local partner agencies is also an important part of the role. You will be actively involved in quality and strategic planning activities for clinical services at the centre, including implementation, monitoring and review of clinical governance policies and procedures. You will also identify and develop opportunities for service innovations and improvements.
Reporting to the headspace Clinical Services Manager, you will work with a group of committed clinical and operational staff to enhance the role and reputation of headspace Strathpine within the local and wider community.
Role responsibilities include:
- Leadership and supervision of clinical professionals and intake staff
- Overseeing and coordinating the delivery of accessible, high-quality services to young people.
- Ensuring clinical protocols and procedures comply with the Clinical Governance Framework, including overall service quality, risk management, clinical record keeping and data collection.
- Provision of expert advice and assistance on complex clinical matters.
- Facilitate regular clinical review meetings.
- Actively manage referrals and demand for clinical services, including caseload management.
- Work with partner agencies to coordinate and integrate their services/programs into the centre.
- Build and maintain professional networks with other youth-focused organisations in the local area.
We are seeking committed and inclusive leader, with the following attributes:
- Tertiary level qualifications in an allied health discipline including social work, psychology, mental health nursing or occupational therapy. Postgraduate qualifications are desirable.
- Extensive experience as a Mental Health Clinician and registered with a discipline-specific board or association where applicable (e.g. Psychology Board of Australia, Australian Association of Social Workers).
- Experience and advanced level clinical skills in delivering evidence-based mental health interventions to young people and their families.
- Advanced clinical skills in managing young people at risk, including suicide and risk of violence to others.
- Experience in managing complex referrals, triage and intake assessment.
- Demonstrated experience in the leadership of multidisciplinary teams in a health setting.
- Ability to provide clinical supervision to staff and student placements. Board-approved supervisor status with the Psychology Board of Australia is desirable.
- Experience in service development and maintaining continuous quality improvement.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Work in centre fitted with ‘intelligent’ ICT
- Be part of the opening team for headspace Strathpine
- Joining a positive, inclusive, values-focussed team culture.
- Opportunities to further your professional development.
- Building your professional network throughout headspace and other organisations.
- Salary packaging.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
Be part of an exciting time of growth and opportunity in an organisation that you can be proud of being a part of.