Multiple Vacancies across Greater Brisbane and surrounding suburbs up to Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast
- Hourly rate $32.47 (inc causal loading) + salary packaging options
- Ongoing training and support
- Culturally safe working environment
- Growing NFP organisation and therefore ability to progress to permanent opportunities
As a Support Worker for Open Minds, you will provide essential frontline supports; enabling an independent and a positive future for people living with mental health and disability.
What can you expect?
- No 2 days are the same! Every client is unique and has their own personal journey, therefore support provided needs to be individualised to assist them to meet their goals.
- A rewarding role where you will be part of our client’s journey to help build skills and achieve the unachievable.
- You will be making an immeasurable difference to the lives of the client’s we support.
- Flexible hours to work around your availability
- Prior experience of working with complex needs/dual diagnosis/behaviours of concern is desirable
- Within a team, facilitate the delivery of quality services to achieve positive outcomes
- Provide support to develop skills and encourage independence & healthy relationships
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to provide personal care duties is essential
- Ability to do some sleepover shifts
You will need to bring to the role:
- A strong desire to work with people with mental health and disability to have choice and control
- A flexible approach to delivery supports in a recovery orientated framework
- Valid Driver’s licence and registered vehicle (including comprehensive car insurance)
- A certificate in Human Services, Community Services or relevant field
- A current Blue card / Yellow Card or eligibility to apply for these
Open Minds is an NDIS provider and an independent not-for-profit organisation that works with people to enhance their mental health and wellbeing, and provides community based support services to men, women and youth with mental illness, intellectual disability or acquired brain injury. Our Purpose is enabling an independent and positive future for people living with mental illness and disabilities.
Open Minds is a registered NDIS provider. Our team works to enhance mental health and wellbeing by delivering tailored supports to people living with mental ill health, disability or acquired brain injury.