headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. Our mission is to deliver improvements in the mental health, social wellbeing and economic participation of young people aged 12 to 25 years.
We are looking for an Administration Assistant for our new centre, headspace Strathpine opening later this year. As Administration Assistant, you provide administrative support to facilitate the delivery of care to young people who access the headspace centre.
With a focus on client service and experience, this role provides high level support to enable the delivery of frontline care services by ensuring the coordination and service-wide application of systems to support the work of a multidisciplinary team.
Reporting to the Practice Administrator, working as part of the practice administration and operations team, you will:
- Oversee and maintain a range of administrative functions, including IT services and support, stationery and practice supplies, equipment management and maintenance, and facilities management.
- Support the operation of and communication between headspace centre staff and private practitioners.
- Oversee Medicare billing, batching and electronic claims, and ensure compliance with Medicare and other statutory requirements.
- With the support of the Clinical Lead and the Practice Administrator, manage resources and rosters in a flexible and efficient manner to effectively maintain client loads and to ensure timely and responsive service delivery.
- In conjunction with the Practice Administrator, implement and ensure compliance with relevant quality and safety professional and healthcare programs and standards.
- Assist in administrative functions for meetings and events, including scheduling, catering, and developing and disseminating agendas and minutes.
- Maintain accurate financial records including petty cash, expenditure, reconciliations and requests for reimbursement.
You are an experienced professional with considerable knowledge in health service operations and delivery; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, with the following attributes:
- Formal qualifications (certificate or diploma level) in a relevant discipline or demonstrated experience in an administrative role within a health setting that includes general practice and/or private allied health practice.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining practice procedures for a general practice and/or private allied health practice setting.
- Extensive working knowledge of Medicare and health insurance systems and processes.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a diverse range of people, in particular to respond to young people with respect and sensitivity.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple and competing work tasks and deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a productive team member.
- Advanced computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications, including the capacity to learn new software packages.
- Knowledge and experience with medical practice software that supports clinical, billing and reporting systems.
- Strong attention to detail; High levels of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Adaptability and flexibility to changing work environments and requirements.
- Hold or be able to attain a working with children Blue Card.
The following would be desirable:
- Experience in the not for profit, non-government, and/or public health sector.
- Experience in the youth and/or mental health sector.
- A broad understanding of the mental health and primary health care service system in Australia, including knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Work in centre fitted with ‘intelligent’ ICT
- Be part of the opening team for headspace Strathpine
- Joining a positive, inclusive, values-focussed team culture.
- Opportunities to further your professional development.
- Building your professional network throughout headspace and other organisations.
- Salary packaging.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program.
Be part of an exciting time of growth and opportunity in an organisation that you can be proud of being a part of.